World Cocktail Day - 3 Easy Recipes!
I'm coming to you with three easy recipes you can make at home with whatever you have on hand. Let's mix it up!
Real Sangria (or red win base works, too!)
Any fruit on hand (I used honeycrisp apple and orange)
Ginger ale (or sprite, club soda, or light-colored carbonated bev of your choice)
- Take your fave tumbler (like the skinny mini we used) and fill it ½ way with ice.
- Fill ¾ of your mug with sangria.
- Dice up your fruit and put a few chunks right into the mug.
- Take your lime and lemon wedge and squeeze directly into your drink.
- Dump into a shaker and shake up really well.
- Dump it back into your mug and top it off with ginger ale.
Give it a quick final stir and enjoy! Ahhh, so refreshing!
Frozen Fruit (I used pineapple and strawberries, but you can use whatever you have on hand)
Coconut water (regular water is fine, coconut just gives an extra oomph)
Bacardi Rum (or any white rum)
- Get out your blender for this one, honey. Take a few chunks of pineapple (about 5-6) and similar amount of strawberries and add them to your blender.
- Fill about ¼ of the way with coconut water.
- Add about 3 seconds of Malibu (I count 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi... you get it).
- Add the same amount of Bacardi.
- Turn on your blender and blend that goody goodness until it's nice and smooth. If it's too runny, add some extra fruit and blend again (and if it's too thick, add some more liquid).
- Pour into your favorite cup, as we did into our Magnolia mug.
Close your eyes, pretend you're on a tropical vacation somewhere, and sip away my friends. :D
Cucumber Vodka Freshi
Cucumber Simple Syrup
Fresh Mint Leaves
- To make your simple syrup, dice up about ¼ c of cucumber. To a small pot on the stove, add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of white sugar. Add your cucumber and simmer until sugar is melted. Let it cool then it's ready to use!
- Take your favorite mug, like our Rollie's, and fill it ½ way with ice.
- Add 3 Mississippi's of vodka.
- Add 4-5 mint leaves.
- Add about 2 tbsp of your simple syrup.
- Squeeze your lime wedge into the mug.
- Put the top on and shake it up. (Our Rollie Mugs have a sliding top closure, so it makes it perfect to shake your cocktail in.)
- Take the top off and fill the rest of your mug with club soda. Sip and enjoy!
This is a really nice refreshing twist on a classic vodka soda. The cucumber-infused simple syrup adds the perfect amount of sweet freshness to the cocktail. I'm adding this to my arsenal!
If you liked these recipes, comment below. Tell me what your go-to cocktails for summer are, I'd love to try them out!
Leave a comment