DIY Under Cabinet Wine Rack
Hello to my fellow wine-o's.
I wanted to put together a quick DIY for you to show you just how easy it is to create a wine rack right in your kitchen. Quick backstory: we moved into our new house last October and our kitchen has a little nook that I always thought would be perfect for a wine/coffee station (they mix, right?). Until now, I didn't know how I wanted to achieve that or how I could do it. I've seen tutorials on making your own racks and I knew there were ones you could buy on Amazon, but nothing ever seemed to catch my eye.
Now, don't get it twisted, I didn't manufacture these racks myself or build out anything in my kitchen, so this is probably the easiest DIY ever, but I wanted to share it with you guys so you can see just how easy it is and what a difference it can make.
Here's how it all went down:
- Racks from Amazon
- A glass of wine to help pass the time
- Clear everything from your counter (yes, even the wine you're drinking while doing this).
- Open the boxes and take out all parts (screws, racks, etc). Line them up first to see how they'll fit with your cabinet. Note: I bought two packs (so I had four racks), and my cabinet wasn't wide enough to accommodate all four. I decided to do two side-by-side for wine/champs and one on it's own for margarita glasses and other misc. items.
- Line your racks up with the front or back of your cabinet and start drilling in the screws. TIP: drill one corner first and then the opposite corner next so it stays put and you can finish the last two without having to hold it up.
- Repeat until all racks are hung. Voila! You have yourself your very own wine nook. Give yourself a pat on the back and go ahead and pour yourself another glass ;P
Leave me a comment below and tell me how yours turned out or how you accomplished a wine nook in your home doing something different.
Leave a comment